Region 5 has reserved a special block of rooms just for Region 5 Athletes, Coaches and Parents who qualify to J.O. Nationals.
IMPORTANT: All reservations MUST be made, and paid for, during the 9/10 Regional Meet. See detailed instructions below.
Athlete Hotel Rooms
- The Region 5 Athletes will room together as a team, by age group.
- Alternates, as well as Athletes who qualify to compete for another Region, may room together in an additional room if space is not available in the room of their age group.
- Parents will be required to submit a check or money order for their gymnast’s portion of the athlete hotel room during “Qualified Athlete Processing” at Regionals.
The estimated cost per athlete is calculated as follows:
- * This amount is estimated and is subject to change due to possible tax rate changes.
- Checks should be made payable to: REGION 5 USA GYMNASTICS.
Coaches and Parents Reservations
- Coaches and Parents of Qualified Athletes will be able to reserve a hotel room in the Region 5 Block during 9/10 Regionals.
- Most rooms are double/doubles with a limited number of King rooms available.
- To reserve a Coach or Parent room after your athlete qualifies: Fill out a hotel request form at 9/10 Regionals and include a credit card number to hold your room.
Note: You must provide a credit card number to reserve a Coach or Parent room.
- Room Rates for 2016: $175 + 15% tax.
Our host hotel this year is The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel. The address is 200 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
Overflow: Embassy Suites by Hilton, 600 Commerce Street, Fort Worth TX 76102.
Shannon Hunt will be your liaison; so do not contact the hotel directly. The hotel will not deal with parents/coaches until after she has dispersed confirmation numbers to you.
We fill rooms in the following order: athletes, coaches and then parents
Questions: Shannon Hunt (or Kim Denewith) office 586-954-3300,
Shannon’s cell 586-933-3553 (text only)
*If your athlete scratches the competition, they are removed from the team room and placed in an extra athlete room as long as there is space. If there is no space, the athlete will then room with the parents and be refunded their charge.
*If you are cancelling your entire reservation, please contact Shannon Hunt before the hotel. If you are only making changes to your reservation, then you would only need to contact the hotel.
*ALL CREDIT CARD INFORMATION WILL BE SHREDDED IMMEDIATELY AFTER CONFIRMATION NUMBERS ARE DISPERSED TO YOU.
All athletes will room together, and there are 4 athletes per room. All room assignments will be given out at processing.
The Athlete National Hotel Room form (on orange paper) must be turned in today with a cash/check payment of $165. Checks should be made out to Region 5.
Athletes can/will stay in these rooms from Thursday, May 5, 2016 until Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 12:00pm. If you are departing early, Shannon Hunt must be informed.
*There are no roommate requests.
Coaches must fill out a room request form (on blue paper). We encourage sharing rooms due to the number of rooms available.
Parents must fill out, in its entirety, a Parent National Hotel Room Credit Card Authorization Form (on lime paper). We have a limited number of rooms, so please understand we will do our best to get you into our hotel or our overflow hotel (The Embassy), but we cannot guarantee.
Please make sure your writing is legible, if we cannot read your email, we cannot communicate with you.Coaches and parents, you will be given an email with a confirmation number by April 20, 2016. Please do not call the hotel before you receive an email confirmation. If you want to add any nights, you may try after this date. (It is better to book more nights now and then cancel than to try to add nights later.)
When you contact the hotel, you can ask for Caroline Koch (817)882-1606.
If you would like to cancel a reservation completely, please call/email Shannon Hunt, NOT THE HOTEL.